Welcome to Meath County Childcare Committee
The key goal of Meath County Childcare Committee is to coordinate the implementation of National Childcare Policy at local level on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs.
- to coordinate and assist the development of quality childcare services.
- to implement DCYA-funded schemes at local level.
- to administer grant applications and oversee the implementation of DCYA-funded schemes.
- to coordinate the provision of accredited training and in-service training for childcare.
- to provide information and resources for childcare providers, parents and the general public.
- to promote inclusion of children with disabilities, and children from ethnic minorities including children from the Traveller Community in childcare services.
- MCCC committee comprises of local representatives from the statutory, community and voluntary sectors, social partners, childcare providers and parents in County Meath.
Notice regarding Learner Fund
The Learner Fund is an initiative of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA) that is being introduced as part of a larger drive to raise quality standards in early years services nationally.
The Learner Fund will support existing staff in early years services to gain accredited qualifications, which are to become mandatory. The aim is to provide a subsidy towards the cost of training which will facilitate staff to meet the new qualification requirements, effective from September 2015. There will be a panel of approved Training Providers that can offer accredited and validated courses, for the purpose of the Learner Fund.
Link to the main funding page is : https://www.pobal.ie/FundingProgrammes/learnerfund/Pages/default.aspx
Training Providers can submit an expression of Inerest (EOI) on this portal. The closing Date for Training providers is Wednesday 16th April.
Early years staff can apply for a Learner Fund subsidy on this portal. The Closing date for Learner Applicants is Wednesday 23rd April.
You can access guidelines for completing forms, further information and FAQs at the links below:
The FAQs documents will be regularly updated over the application period.
Learner applicants should note that assistance is also available from your local City/County Childcare Committee.
If you have any other queries in relation to the Learner Fund, please read the guidelines and frequently asked questions documents. If your query is not satisfactorily dealt with there, please email email@example.com
Please do not telephone Pobal with your query, we have a dedicated mailbox for email queries and will deal with them speedily and in the order that they are logged.
Parents!! - See Childcare Service Providers in Your Area!
Funded by the Irish Government under the National Development Plan 2007-2013